荷乐网下载手机App | 客服热线:0031(0)104133904
CHAN  高级海盗  2010-1-19 18:34:36 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 荷兰

回复 71# flyheart99 的帖子

Yes, our life can be easier if we study in big cities and graduate from famous universities that everybody knows. However, I do think you give not-so-good-examples of Tilburg and Masstricht.

If I were a student from Tilburg, if someone in China asks me "Do you know where Tilburg is", I would be very glad to tell him or her about the city and the university. For me, it would not be embarrassing at all but a chance to introduce the city and the university to an outsider. In fact, most people in China have no idea about the cities and universities in the Netherlands. Except for Amsterdam and Amsterdam Univ., we may have to explain most cities and universities in the Netherlands again and again about what they are and where they are.

As you said, Tilburg is top ranked in Economics studies. If an applicant is trully interested in Economics, why not choose Tilburg? I suggest Tilburg should be his or her top priority. It would be pride and treasure for him or her to get enrolled and study Economics in Tilburg.

Coming to study is not just for fame or reputation. Sometimes we have to get down to the fundamentals to find out what is the most appropriate for our study, our life, our future.

[ 本帖最后由 CHAN 于 2010-1-19 18:38 编辑 ]
已有1人评分 小红花 理由
mengster + 1

查看全部评分 总评分: 小红花 +1 

CHAN  高级海盗  2010-1-19 20:01:01 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 荷兰

回复 71# flyheart99 的帖子

In my point of view, research ability is important not only for academic study but also for work in buisness/finance, especially when the real world is stressing more and more on evidence-based managment. As one CEO from a large US entertainment company put it, in god we trust, everyone else has to bring data. If we can get good training in research ability and skills during our study in the university, it would definitely be an asset for our career development in real world.

I agree that in real world, we may deal with all kinds of routine tasks and jobs, which require experience, skills, professional knowledge, patience, obedience... anything but research.  However, although research is not written in our job description, with research ability we can stand higher and may outperform those who have not.

Just read a small story. A company hired a very young secretary. She was asked to book flight ticket for the director. As the company had its own ticket agent, it seemed to be a very easy task for the young secretary just to make a call and get the ticket.  However, to the director's surprise, he didn't receive the ticket but a comparison chart containing all the prices from different ticket agents and carriers. The secretary did a small research and found another ticket agent who could provid better price and more convenient flight schedule for the director. This small research earned the young secretary a big leap in her career. She would be trained as manager in the company.

Unfortunately I have never been able to work for IBs. But I assume the MBA and the person who has no finance background but can still finish equity research paper must already have had the research abilities to fulfill the task.

Last but not the least, ranking of the universities means nothing to young graduates. Everyone has to perform his or her own abilities to compete with graduates from other universities, whether they are from Peking Univ. or just an unknown university from an unknown city.

[ 本帖最后由 CHAN 于 2010-1-19 20:14 编辑 ]
已有1人评分 小红花 理由
mengster + 2

查看全部评分 总评分: 小红花 +2 

dominicss    2010-1-19 22:14:02 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 荷兰
提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽
nick1885  禁止发言  2010-1-20 00:01:37 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 荷兰

回复 64# Section4 的帖子

rsm msc 专业金融中国人最多,300人里面10多个算多?其他专业除了supply chain,基本没什么中国人。 本科iba 每年都不超过10%, 近年一直也在减少中国学生的比例。到了大三,身边剩下的国人就10多个了。mba 152 人,6个大陆的,算多么?

相反,uva 发offer就像发糖一样,商科连gmat都不要,一班1/3-一半的中国人

[ 本帖最后由 nick1885 于 2010-1-20 13:12 编辑 ]
nick1885  禁止发言  2010-1-20 00:09:47 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 荷兰

回复 70# Sue. 的帖子

IE ,ceibs,香港科技名气大吧?  看看研究能排名多少。。。 商学院教育早已成为个产业链了。 mba 在哪个商学院都是王牌专业,评价和名声都是mba 赚来的。 msc 收到的好处大了,在欧洲,每年咨询和投行都有自己的目标学校,每个国家和地区一个学校,荷兰就是rsm. 每天耳濡目染,你说有没有好处??
已有1人评分 小红花 理由
mengster + 1 鼓励。 但话说得有太满。 CEIBS, Hongkong ...

枫潇潇  中级海盗  2010-1-20 09:18:17 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 荷兰
就敢问的ls是RSM哪届的MBA,现在何处高就啊?
枫潇潇  中级海盗  2010-1-20 09:23:46 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 荷兰
原帖由 nick1885 于 2010-1-20 00:01 发表
可笑,rsm msc 专业金融中国人最多,300人里面10多个算多?其他专业除了supply chain,基本没什么中国人。 本科iba 每年都不超过10%, 近年一直也在减少中国学生的比例。到了大三,身边剩下的国人就10多个了。mba 200多人,6个大陆 ...

请问您的数据是哪年的?给个出处吧?
再说uva商学院里的金融也要gmat的.
百臂罗汉  中级海盗  2010-1-20 09:31:19 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 荷兰
为什么大家都以“中国人多少"来衡量一个学校好坏?这有关系吗?中国人多学校就烂,中国人少学校就好?

自己明明是中国人,但拼了命的让自己跟中国脱离关系,仿佛脱离了中国人这个群体才是进入上流社会。这是一种什么样的自虐心理?
flyheart99  见习海盗  2010-1-20 10:29:45 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 荷兰
There is no need to argue which university is better than another one.

In terms of quality of teaching, Dutch Unis are more or less the same. At least, most students will not feel any clear difference exists.

EUR is a good university. But it is just a good Dutch university. That's it.  I do not think the graduates there will get any kind of special treatment from the employers in the NL. No need to mention worldwide.  So do not expect any prestige like Ivy league or top ranked English Unis

The only reason I recommend Uni Amsterdam & Uni Rottordam for B/Econ/F studies is because they are located in big cities. They are more international. They are a little bit more well-known than their Dutch counterparties at a worldwide scope.

[ 本帖最后由 flyheart99 于 2010-1-20 10:31 编辑 ]
已有1人评分 小红花 理由
mengster + 1

CHAN  高级海盗  2010-1-20 11:03:17 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 荷兰
荷兰就这几所大学,各有优势了。UVA和RSM都行,决定不了掷硬币,一决雌雄。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表

关于此网站上的Cookie

我们使用 Cookie 来个性化和改善您在我们网站上的使用体验,了解您如何使用本网站和为您提供量身定制的广告或咨询。 如果您继续使用我们的网站,即代表您同意我们使用 Cookie政策。 请访问我们Cookie条款隐私条款,了解最新内容。

接受