荷乐网下载手机App | 客服热线:0031(0)104133904
chmartin  四海霸王  2003-8-2 18:18:46 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 中国北京
既然说了RUG,我难免要说两句,我不知道那些拼命打压RUG的人是怎么想的?既然不是好学校,你也不必那么打压他,让他烂去了,你这么说,我觉得好奇怪。好坏大家心里有数。一个大学的好坏不是一个或几个排名可以认定,尽管RUG的排名从来都没差到哪去,我们RUG的学生也从来没通过排名来炫耀什么。其实,大家心里都有数,不同的专业,不同的个人情况。难道大家都没有自己的判断?至于所谓RUG国际排名每况愈下,我不知道从何而来?我所认识的北大老师,外籍教授都推荐RUG,都说这是个好学校。从今年交大的学术排名来看,RUG也不逊色多少。我最后选择RUG,有两个原因,一是他的历史,我相信一所好的大学,并不在于他现在有几个教授,有几座漂亮的BUILDING,而在于他尽历岁月所形成的风气和传统,百年北大是这个道理,我选RUG也是。还有一个是他相对低廉的学费,这个是每个人的个人情况,我也有其他学校的OFFER,可能正是某些所谓的更好的学校,对我来说太贵了,性价比不合适。现在,我从心里喜欢RUG,看看RUG版,那些和我同去RUG的战友,我觉得我的选择是正确的。
   还是哪句话:仁者见仁,智者见智。排名说明不了什么,大家也不要因此心虚。所谓英文成绩,RUG明年很多专业提到雅思7分,申请过的同学应该知道,难道RUG就一下子成为世界名校?不可能。除了莱顿,大家各有所长。只有莱顿是真正荷兰能称牛的学校,其他的几所学校,大家就不要比了,差别不大。
   楼主贴这个帖子是为了大家更好的根据自己的情况参考,而不要心理不平衡,互相攻击。大牛和小牛不代表什么,你自己才是学校的一面旗帜,大家无论在什么学校,学到东西,作出成绩,最重要。以后工作,并不会因为你学校好,你就一定好,你烂,也不一定代表学校烂,都是相对的。不要太偏激。
   我爱RUG,在我心里,他就好。
flyheart  四海霸王  2003-8-2 18:26:02 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 中国北京
hehe 楼上的这位,其实还有一个很简单的评测方法就是看这个学校去起来容易不容易,所谓美国的partener学校并不是那么重要,首先是去交换学校需要什么条件,而且是什么交换项目,实际上美国大学很喜欢参加各种交换项目,美国的学校众多,很多都是加入一大堆交换项目,那种所谓的姐妹学校更是多不胜数。荷兰的大学就这么几所,声誉又都不差,怎么都能轮上一两个名校。这个道理在欧洲交换校里也说得通,比如hogeschool fontys还是瑞典皇家理工的partener呢,难道就能说这两个学校平级?
一个学校连简单的英文网站都做不好,还能说这个学校多重视国际化吗?看UM UvA等学校
英文网站的信息量,rug可以汗颜了。

还有一个方法就是看你的学校这个项目招多少个中国人,要求高不高,rug的那个IE&B一直比其他几个学校容易进,也是公认的。

是的,经济系排名大部分只能以研究来排名,那你认为还能怎么排?看毕业生就业前景?
这点很难调查,更没有统一的方法。

我只不过说一说自己的意见,其它的人当然会根据自己判断力和实际能力来选择自己的最好学校,何来误导之说?

楼上的楼上
部分同意你的观点,不过光看荷兰本土的排名似乎少了点,国际的权威排名好像不是这么说的2002年。而你说rug是唯一一所与美国学校有交换的学校是个错误 UvA也有,是和
New York university

http://www.econ.ucy.ac.cy/papers/0110.pdf
http://cowles.econ.yale.edu/areas/ecm/ecm_gsrank.htm
其它的几个国际排名就懒的找了,大多是以论文被引用的数量来决定的 RUG
UM好像从来没进过前50

还有就是这个大学的项目是不是和很多公司有合作,这点我就不想多说了
剩的到时候那两所大学挤破头。自己到nuffic查吧,看看有哪几个学校是
跟丁伯跟学院和company合作的。反正我一个朋友刚进那个项目,他
得导师就跟他说:“if you can graduate , your career prospect is
quite good,at this point i can promise" 口气大的吓人。

选学校也要看学校的地点,尤其是学经济、商务、金融的能够靠近商务中心自然
学生毕也后前景好。曾有仁兄专门著文论证这一点,我就不再赘述了。纽约大学
商学院不是最好的,但学生的销路却比许多名牌商学院好,为什么?靠近华尔街
而已。

再说两句,纯粹各人意见,不进入讨论范围

如果我没记错,微软大百科全书着重介绍的荷兰大学也只有两所了leiden and UvA
中央电视台,世界名校栏目介绍得好象也只是这两个大学。

打压rug? 恩,个人来说的确不喜欢这所大学,主要是几个好朋友进这个学校后,
纷纷投诉这个学校的international programme,难免受它们影响。但是这个学校
这几年在国际上名声下降是事实,具体的证据给不出来,信不信大家自己判断啦。

排名永远是见仁见智,大家多听点不同意见是好的
chmartin  四海霸王  2003-8-2 18:34:16 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 中国北京
网站的好坏顶多说明一个学校计算机系和英语系的水平。
rug的那个IE&B明年要求雅思7分,你觉得比哪所学校好进?
交换项目只是学校课程的一部分,何以说明学校好坏?虽然RUG也不赖。
关于学术论文的排名,除了莱顿,就是RUG,虽然建校长占了点便宜,他如果没进前50,那么只有莱顿可能进,还有别的荷兰学校吗?
关于学校地点的问题,我觉得可能和学校质量不太靠谱,世界上那么多学校,不是一所就能说明问题的。
P。S。
还有一句话,排除经济因素,出国读研其实比考北大的研究生容易,大家心里都明白,北大难进,难道说北大的研究生比国外学校的好。学校好不好进,在语言要求相同的情况下,主要看学校招国际学生的规模,难道招生规模大的学校就烂了??这种推理是说中国人多就烂,而不是学校烂吧? <_<
flyheart  四海霸王  2003-8-2 18:47:24 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 中国北京
呵呵,这位有点强词夺理了。估计是位要来rug的,rug不是差啊只能说相对差(个人意见而以)
一个学校的英文网站建设跟计算机和英文系关系不大,但跟学校的重视程度有很大关系。
至于论文引用数量么,我主要是说的经济这个方面
而且再most impact european universities里有rug么?排第几,这个我到忘了。
chmartin  四海霸王  2003-8-2 18:54:15 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 中国北京
我不是强词夺理,我也从不说UVA不好,我的意思是各个学校有各个学校的好坏,你说学校不重视就说明学校质量不好?学校招的中国学生多也不好?恐怕有待推敲,我不是很赞同而已。我说过排名不重要,用这个排名否定哪个排名有意义吗?我不想列举RUG比UVA强的排名,有没有你应该知道。你的观点就是UVA靠前的排名比楼主贴的排名准确,不知道我说的对不对? ;)
无论你喜欢于否,在热爱自己学校的同时,至少你应该尊重别的学校,能进RUG的学生比进UVA的差?不好说吧。除了莱顿,大家没有什么好说的。UVA确实比一般的荷兰学校好,城市的功劳也是不可抹杀的。
P。S。
看完你贴的两个排名,就一个感觉:UVA是荷兰第一的学校,呵呵
UVA是好学校,不用心虚。我都承认,在很多方面比RUG强。
mikezhang  中级海盗  2003-8-2 21:07:52 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 荷兰
do not misunderstand me.

My point is that u only can use ranking as reference. I only used Rug as an example to show  Dutch universities  reputations because I know it well and I believe other Dutch universities have almost the same situation. if it is not good, can u expect that cornell keeps exchange program with it for ten years? at least , good US universities do not set up cooperation relationship so easily with oversea Universities.

Tinbergen, "most impact european universities",
Do not use them as examples, they are among tops and rare, not everyboday can enter. otherwise, u &#39;d better mention Harvard. compared to it, most universities in the world are bullshit. u should know , how difficult to rank top 50 in the world in any field?

"一个学校连简单的英文网站都做不好,还能说这个学校多重视国际化吗?看UM UvA等学校英文网站的信息量,rug可以汗颜了".
some other Dutch universities also have this problem. but this does not mean they do not care about internationalization. u see, these were few english programs for foreigners. for exchange students, they can get information from their host universities. so, they do not put much efforts on websites. after all , Holland is not an english-speaking country.

if Rug has a exchange relationship with cornell, also other good universities(such as, Mcgill, austrialian national university, uni of Tokyo, osaka university, bristol, brown university, beida and Fudan) how could we say that it is bad at internationalization?( Rug&#39;s biology department has not much information on its website as well, but it has exchange program with Harvard. Can we say its internationalization is bad?)
to be honest, Dutch universities do not pay much attention to developing countries. they do not have to. in fact, they have built reputation in and kept cooperation relationship with developed counties.   they do not focus on China and  do not have to suit Chinese students&#39; needs.

and most importantly, how Dutch students and people evalue these universities?  and why?

how Dutch students choose universities, take economics or manamgent as example, how Dutch universities select students? what is Dutch national p-olicy to enter an university?

in sum, Dutch universities were set up for Dutch people. we&#39;d better know how Dutch think of them.
mikezhang  中级海盗  2003-8-2 21:37:04 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 荷兰
还有一个方法就是看你的学校这个项目招多少个中国人,要求高不高,rug的那个IE&B一直比其他几个学校容易进,也是公认的。

in holland, according to national education policy, every one holds a HBO diploma has the right to enter universities automatically in relevant field, starting with the third year of four-years program which leads to doctorall degree.
in the past , chinese students who graduated from HBO can  directly enter Rug&#39;s SID-IE&B program which lasts two years. Rug designed this program for HBO students because they treat HBO students particularly from oversea  the same as Dutch students. that is why there is a rumor that it is easy to enter rug and too many chinese students. but u see, too many chinese come to Holland and they all want to study at Dutch university level. this year, in january, as i know already one tens of chinese applications from mainland have been received excluding students from HBO. totally, the amount of  chinese applicants can exceed 100. . it is impossible for all them to enter, so, only 25 can enter bachelor and another 25 for master per year. not known from year 2004-2005 , because many one-year master program in english will be lauched.

as a chinese , I really appreciate this, u all know how difficult for chinese students to get good education both in china and oversea. rug does her best to accept chinese student and treat us the same as Dutch students, I mean according to program design.
u see, many other Dutch universities do not do it. like nijmenhen, tilburg, erusmas, they force HBO students to enter the second year of their four year program in english, it is unfair. the reason is tha. they did not follow national policy to HBO students. the major reason could be that too many chinese students. something even worse, it is said that from next year, students with first year diploma can not have the qualification to enter the first yeat at university.( i guess this is mainly due to that fact too many  students from developing counties ,particularly the China)
mikezhang  中级海盗  2003-8-2 22:21:08 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 荷兰
I did not intend to argue which university is good or bad, i think all of them are good. particularly the six full-scale economics departments.
of course, some programs are more famous than others even within one university.

different people have different preference.
for me, the english programs at uva is best. particularly that one: economics and finance. the course design is best as I know in holland even in Britain. but as to reputation, i prefer rug, or erusmas. i think some people have the same point of view. see http://www.english.uva.nl/. then english website poll, then "My main reason for coming to UvA?"
I do not mean i think uva is not good. this is just about feeling&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Tinbergen is very famous, but how many chinese can enter???? if u can not,and most people can not, do not always measure others with it. it does not make sense. u see we are talking something in general. it should make sense to most of chinese who at least can enter one university.

that is why i said it is misleading. we have to be careful  selecting the information and make judgements. I have been in holland for a couple of years and i had chance to enter several universities becasue there were few chinese and less competition compared to nowaday. i do not care the ranking , I know what it really means. but incoming chinese students do not
and they care the ranking evry much. if they make wrong desicions and miss the chance to get good education,  i will feel guilty. so we&#39;d better express our opinions.

to conclude, as I know, in holland these universities have already offered a good starting point, both academically and professionally. after entering or graduation, ur future depends on ur own efforts. u see, Duisenburg is president of european central bank. he holds a phd in econometrics from Rug. and he taught at uva. it really depends on urself.
mikezhang  中级海盗  2003-8-2 22:26:45 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 荷兰
this is a good discussion, i thank everybody for ur opinions.

as I said, I wish chinese students can get more ideas from what we have talked about and make good decisions( comparing is not my main intent, believe me&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;)

good luck to any chinese who wants to study in holland&#33;&#33;&#33;
and many congratulations to those already admitted to any Dutch university.
mikezhang  中级海盗  2003-8-2 22:40:48 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 荷兰
welcome chmartin:

will u come to rug this september? SID-IE&B program?

I was asked by our department to attend the introduction week to help chinese students a little bit.
maybe we can get to know with each other very soon.

u may contact me via email: mikezhang8888@yahoo.com

best regards
zhang
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表

关于此网站上的Cookie

我们使用 Cookie 来个性化和改善您在我们网站上的使用体验,了解您如何使用本网站和为您提供量身定制的广告或咨询。 如果您继续使用我们的网站,即代表您同意我们使用 Cookie政策。 请访问我们Cookie条款隐私条款,了解最新内容。

接受