荷乐网下载手机App | 客服热线:0031(0)104133904
centaurus  中级海盗  2011-4-7 09:29:48 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 荷兰
I happen to know a teacher (a 100% local dutch lady) who has worked as a teacher in a traditional good basisschool and a Montessorionderwijs basisschool. She also has a son who is almost 3 years old. She eventually chose the Montessorionderwijs basisschool. I discussed with her quite a lot for the schools.

She gave me two cents and shared her opinions.

(1) The percentage of turkish or moroke students should be low;
(2) The Montessorionderwijs school focuses on an individual student. But the traditional (good) school focuses on all the students in the whole class.
(3) The biggest danger in Montessorionderwijs school is that a student only learns the subjects that (s)he loves for a long time.... Then it must be a disaster for the student... But there is a way out. The parents should keep on tracking who your kid learns for some period. And it is very important that the parents keep good communication with the teacher. Eventually it is the teacher's task/responsibility to balance the student on the knowledge structure. So the teacher should cooperate the parents or the same way around.
(4) The disadvantage for a tranditional (good) school is that a student has to keep the same pace with all the other students. Sometimes it is quite boring or challenging to some students. Or maybe your kid will never be noticed in a year by the teacher.

So it is quite up to how is the kid. Is the kid open? Does the kid have a lot of his or her own opinions? And it is the same important how are the parents? The lady told me that it is the best that both the parents and the kid prefer Montessorionderwijs school if the kid goes Montessorionderwijs school. Then the kid feels the same in the school and at home.

Of course, the cito test is very important for us. :) According to the lady, that Montessorionderwijs school has very high average cito test score and does cito twice per year in different grades, not just two citos in grade 7 and 8. And that Montessorionderwijs school can do the cito better because their students come from very high educated families and mostly quite smart.

This is mostly the opinions from that lady. To be honest, I think about it and will think twice before I make the final decision. So please choose the best way by yourself. Hope this help. :)
已有4人评分 小红花 理由
heroG3 + 1 谢谢分享
hamkor + 1
purple06 + 1
joynl2010 + 1

查看全部评分 总评分: 小红花 +4 

joynl2010  四海霸王  2011-4-7 11:27:22 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 德国
打个比方,蒙校的教学方法是,一个孩子,如果老师发现他会做1+1=2, 那么老师就会让他继续学2+2=4. 那么如果另外一个孩子孩子不会做1+1, 那么老师不会继续让他练习加法,他就可以继续学习他比较擅长的科目比如画画什么的,到了考试的时候,可能使用不同的试卷,一个同班的小孩,有的会考高年级的数学卷,有的可能会考低年级的数学卷。

这种学习方法,对低年级(5年级以下)的学生来说很有益处,因为普通学校在这个阶段也不怎么教东西,既然都在混,那么我宁愿混在一个好玩一点的环境,蒙校的很多玩具和教学书,都是特殊的,对早期智力开发有好处。

但是到了高年级,真刀真枪学习文化课了,这么“因才施教“就不太可行了,学习不能再这么晚玩闹闹了, 很多学科,也到了死记硬背的阶段了,比如地理历史和英语,这两个科目,如果一味追求兴趣,是不可能学的好的。

在美国,蒙校都是私立的,收费很高,老师的素质和家长的素质都有保障,对于那些对学习“不感兴趣“的孩子,美国的蒙校会让他们留级, 多学几年,而荷兰的蒙校是公立的,教育经费紧张,你不学是你的事,一般不会让学生留级而占用教育资源。

至于说升中CITO考试的成绩, 蒙校普遍比一般学校高,这个需要看数据,可以要求学校提供。 据我所知,真正CITO考试出高分的学校,是私立国际学校,人家6年级开始就是奔着CITO去的,6年级的家庭作业就是CITO模拟题。

[ 本帖最后由 joynl2010 于 2011-4-7 12:29 编辑 ]
已有5人评分 小红花 理由
heroG3 + 1 谢谢分享
hamkor + 1
purple06 + 1
胡湘健 + 1
centaurus + 1

查看全部评分 总评分: 小红花 +5 

Nicole F  中级海盗  2011-4-7 13:23:22 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 荷兰

回复 12# joynl2010 的帖子

那我怎么知道这个那个是否是蒙校,是否必须先问清楚学校用的是什么方法教学。。。真的不简单啊。。。就选一个小学就这么多功夫。。。
joynl2010  四海霸王  2011-4-7 13:59:23 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 德国

回复 13# Nicole F 的帖子

Montessorionderwijs basisschool, 一个城市没有几间,你只要看学校网站,就可以知道了。
胡湘健  四海霸王  2011-4-7 15:14:39 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 荷兰

回复 12# joynl2010 的帖子

还是joynl 比较有经验。受益匪浅。红花奖励
purple06  四海霸王  2011-4-7 21:07:02 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 荷兰
受益匪浅.各位妈妈继续讨论阿.
stillwaters  高级海盗  2011-4-7 22:55:22 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 荷兰
赞一个
淇淇  见习海盗  2011-4-8 10:16:27 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 荷兰

这个帖子很及时。

女儿也到了找小学的年龄。留意了一下附近的basisschool,发现好几个就是传说中的蒙校。跟几个附近的荷兰人邻居交谈,他们都没让孩子上蒙校。看来真的是褒贬不一,这个选择还真不好作。joynl妈妈好强大,跟我们多分享一下你的经验吧。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表

关于此网站上的Cookie

我们使用 Cookie 来个性化和改善您在我们网站上的使用体验,了解您如何使用本网站和为您提供量身定制的广告或咨询。 如果您继续使用我们的网站,即代表您同意我们使用 Cookie政策。 请访问我们Cookie条款隐私条款,了解最新内容。

接受