荷乐网下载手机App | 客服热线:0031(0)104133904
The combined bank will be the largest institutional Asset management and the Largest investment banking of the world in terms of Asset.

About 6% layoff, about 128,000 will be mainly in investment banking arm! "very few" job cut will be taken within asset management, private banking. another 108.000 job will be offshored to cheap location.

the tie-up is expected to be finished in the end of this year.

Recently, many redundancies taking place in world investment banking indutries, including CITI's restructure plan. However, a strong growing trend remaing in Asset management and Wealth management. In this sense, it is an implication for financial student who wants to start their job in bank.

精彩评论12

smurfs    2007-4-23 14:00:10 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 荷兰
提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽
ppp_ooo  高级海盗  2007-4-23 14:22:39 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 荷兰

回复: Barclays and ABN anounced the merge deal

come on. This is just the start of the war. Today, ABN is talking with RBS.
ppp_ooo  高级海盗  2007-4-23 14:24:06 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 荷兰

Please read the news carefully. If ABN were bought by RBS, split of ABN is for sure.
julian25  四海霸王  2007-4-23 14:57:48 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 荷兰

Post by ppp_ooo;2148779
Please read the news carefully. If ABN were bought by RBS, split of ABN is for sure.

However, news of the deal hammered out over the weekend and anounced this morning is likely to delay the meeting scheduled for today between ABN amro and RBS, which is the part of consortium with Fortis and Santander made their interest in a deal with the Dutch bank public.

Officials from ABN amro, including chairman Rijkman Groenink, will be london today to present the Barclays deal and sources said that the meeting with RBS consortium is unlikely to take place, although the offer of a meeting remains on the table to consortium.

I don't know which old news you read about the deal, but this is the original paragraph from my company subscribed source. keep yourself updated if u are working in financial industry. Surely, it could be not the end of the story. the agreement is kept to open 14 days that let ABN to have higher bid. but Rijkman said that the proposal from RBS is very vague and could not give shareholder any certainty.
ppp_ooo  高级海盗  2007-4-25 08:18:38 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 荷兰

Royal Bank of Scotland-Led Group Offers EU39 a Share for ABN                    
By Jon Menon and Ben Livesey
                                                                                                April 25 (Bloomberg) -- Royal Bank of Scotland Group Plc, Santander Central Hispano SA and Fortis offered 39 euros a share to buy ABN Amro Holding NV, sparking the biggest takeover battle in the financial-services industry.         
         Royal Bank offered 70 percent in cash and 30 percent in its shares, the Edinburgh-based lender said today in a Regulatory News Service statement. Royal Bank is seeking to trump the bid that ABN Amro agreed to accept from Barclays Plc on April 23. In a related deal, ABN Amro agreed to sell Chicago-based LaSalle Bank to Bank of America Corp.         
         Royal Bank, the second-biggest U.K. bank after HSBC Holdings Plc, and its partners will break up the 183 year-old ABN Amro if their bid beats the offer from Barclays, the U.K.'s No. 3 bank.         
         ``The banks are of the clear view that their proposals are superior for ABN Amro's shareholders and are straightforward from a shareholder, regulatory and execution perspective,'' the banks said today. ``These proposals are contingent on LaSalle Bank remaining within the ABN Amro group and due diligence.''         
         Royal Bank and its partners ``are able to pay more than Barclays, as they are getting the parts of the business they really want,'' and can generate greater cost savings, said Colin Morton, an analyst at Rensburg Sheppards Plc in Leeds, England, who helps manage $1.8 billion and holds Royal Bank and Barclays stock.
ppp_ooo  高级海盗  2007-4-25 08:25:57 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 荷兰

Well, I don't know what you will say.

Tomorrow, there will be a shareholder meeting. So i think that the offer from RBC will be passed by all the shareholders.

For sure, the field of asset management is booming up. But it might not be a good id to apply for ABN at this moment. If this deal is done between ABN and RBC, I am sure that there will be job cuts. It might be more than 11000 positions in all.
julian25  四海霸王  2007-4-25 16:06:09 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 荷兰

Post by ppp_ooo;2153468
Well, I don't know what you will say.

Tomorrow, there will be a shareholder meeting. So i think that the offer from RBC will be passed by all the shareholders.

For sure, the field of asset management is booming up. But it might not be a good id to apply for ABN at this moment. If this deal is done between ABN and RBC, I am sure that there will be job cuts. It might be more than 11000 positions in all.

frankly, this is an ongoing process and hardly to say what will happen in the end. however, 70% cash, 30 % share deal is obviously more lucrative to ABN' shareholder than Barcalys' 100% share. Fortis's share went down 1.6% today, seems that many shareholders know it will be long-term negative impact to Fortis if he has to buy ABN's retail bank banded with its attractive Private bank sector in the deal. Crappy retail bank simply involves too many assets but only be able to earn minor profit. This is also why Dutch central bank requests investigation to see whether Fortis is suitable or qualified for the deal.

There are too much side-effects and side-stories involving into the biggest bank acquisition ever, let us wait & see what will emerge at the end. surely, chopping jobs and massive redundancy will happen anyway.
HAW8469  中级海盗  2007-4-25 16:51:11 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 荷兰

以为自己进了ABN股东开的轮坛了,几个股东在这讨论合并的问题.
ppp_ooo  高级海盗  2007-4-25 18:12:36 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 荷兰

Regarding to the RBS's records, it never failed any M&A case.  Let us wait for tomorrow shareholder's meeting.

Personally, i think RBS will make this deal.
12下一页
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表

关于此网站上的Cookie

我们使用 Cookie 来个性化和改善您在我们网站上的使用体验,了解您如何使用本网站和为您提供量身定制的广告或咨询。 如果您继续使用我们的网站,即代表您同意我们使用 Cookie政策。 请访问我们Cookie条款隐私条款,了解最新内容。

接受