荷乐网下载手机App | 客服热线:0031(0)104133904
is there anyone who will do courses in stochastics and finance mathematical program in Amsterdam from Sep 2006??

精彩评论12

Section4  四海霸王  2006-7-31 16:52:08 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 荷兰

回复: Stochastic UvA

我想去,正在跟系里交涉。
eclat  海贼王  2006-7-31 17:00:04 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 荷兰

I guess you are not welcomed to apply if your bachelor is non-econometrics, non-mathematics/statisitcs and non-engineering.
eclat  海贼王  2006-7-31 17:15:34 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 荷兰

It is tough to follow the program of this kind without a strong mathematics background.
caide  见习海盗  2006-8-1 10:26:07 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 荷兰

I understand... But anyway I have to do it... does anyone compare it to the program in felab in U twente??
clockcrow  中级海盗  2006-8-1 21:15:09 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 荷兰

I would say, go to Twente.

PS: I'm in this programme. It is really tough, and too mathematical.
Anyway, there's nothing wrong to try.
jbmartin  禁止发言  2006-8-2 13:42:05 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 法国
提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽
caide  见习海盗  2006-8-3 10:04:27 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 荷兰

Thanks clockcrow... Can you recommend some courses here?
clockcrow  中级海盗  2006-8-3 11:40:05 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 荷兰

the content of the programme is changing through time.

Basic course like 'Measure theoretic Probability" "Stochastic Integration" and "Stochastic Process for Finance" should not be missed. Easy and nice course like "introduction to stochastic process" and "industrial statistics" are also worth taking. "Financial Stochastics" by van der Vaart is good but difficult, you may judge according to your level.

Be aware that there are quite some genetic statistics course in the program. Try to skip them if you do not want to go that area.

There used to be no financial course at all, but seems VU will start some this year. So you need to do that part yourself.

There's no programming part either. You got to do it yourself if you want to work in this area in the future.

=======================================
In general, it's not advisable to take this programme unless you are really good in mathematics (Don't underestimate its mathematical level. It is not easier than pure mathematics.)
clockcrow  中级海盗  2006-8-3 11:48:59 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 荷兰

And take in to account: hardly any person can finish this programme on time.

Nice part is that we did get some brilliant students in the class. Nice to know some when you are yong. It keeps you modest.
12下一页
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表

关于此网站上的Cookie

我们使用 Cookie 来个性化和改善您在我们网站上的使用体验,了解您如何使用本网站和为您提供量身定制的广告或咨询。 如果您继续使用我们的网站,即代表您同意我们使用 Cookie政策。 请访问我们Cookie条款隐私条款,了解最新内容。

接受