荷乐网下载手机App | 客服热线:0031(0)104133904
Dear MSc students,

During the forthcoming months we will increase our efforts to draw the attention of a new generation
MSc students to our MSc program in Microelectronics starting in September next year. As you know the
Department of Microelectronics has raised a considerable number of scholarships especially intended
for the MSc program in Microelectronics. These scholarships are available for new International MSc
students. Information about the MSc program and associated scholarships can be found on our web
site: http://msc.its.tudelft.nl/me I invite you to distribute this link amongst all students known
to you that might be interested to join the Department of Microelectronics as a MSc student.

General information of the international MSc Program of TU Delft (admission requirements,
application and admission procedure, tuition fees, etc.) can be found at: http://www.tudelft.nl/msc/

Questions regarding the admission procedure and requirements should be addressed to the Admission
Office: [email="msc2@tudelft.nl"]mailto:msc2@tudelft.nl[/email]

In case a prospective MSc student complies with most but not all admission requirements a possible
admission might be conditionally until all conditions have been fulfilled successfully.

------------------------------------------------

At the end of the year also several awards were given to members of ME&CE. Prof. StamatisVassiliadis became fellow of ACM, Prof. Allejan Van der Veen became IEEE fellow and, as a good start of the celebration of 100 years Electrical Engineering at TU Delft,  Prof. Lina Sarro got the honour to give the dies speech on the coming January 7. Dr. Wouter Serdijn is for the second time the best teacher of the year. Finally, several students got awards.Especially I like to mention the Else Kooi Prijs for Nebosja Nenanovic.

With respect to the internationalization we made big steps forward with our activities in China. The Fudan-TU Delft International School of Microelectronics was officially opened on January 14 by our minister of Education, Mrs. Maria van der Hoeven. In November a first meeting of the industrial board was held and also a letter of intent was signed to involve Tsing Hua, Fudan and us together in setting up educational and research programs. These activities are strongly financially supported by Philips and a number of other companies like ASML. Philips doubled the financial support for partial scholarships for students from all over the world both for ME and CE. Contrary to other years the tuition fee of around 8000 Euro for non-EU students will be the same at the three TU’s in the Netherlands. We therefore expect more applicants and headed by Egbert Bol the grant awarding committee will therefore have a tough job to award the best students only.

To continuously improve our operations we held an annual planning meeting in August attended by almost all scientific staff. A lot of actions came out.  Hopefully, this will lead to concrete results to improve our educational and research activities.

In 2004 fourteen Ph. D. students got their degree and 29 got their M. Sc. degree for ME and 10 for CE. We also largely improved our financial situation to near break-even over 2004. We expect similar or better financial results for the coming year.

It is expected that the New Year will be at least as challenging as 2004. In this context I point firstly to the coming OOD operation. It is the intention of the Board of the University to reduce the number of supporting staff and to centralize services such as ICT support, financial administration and personnel affairs. Part of the money saved is intended to strengthen the scientific activities. At this moment the full details of the operation are not known yet. But it is unavoidable that the reduction of supporting staff and the resulting new organization will at least initially lead to support problems. From our technical support staff we shall therefore ask more flexibility in supporting a large dynamic department, where the activities change during the years. And the scientific staff will be asked to have the OOD operation as smooth as possible and to recognize the uncertain situation some of our colleagues are in, while at the same time maintaining the level of their scientific and educational work..

In 2005 we shall strengthen our ambitions as a global research and educational centre in the field of microelectronics and computer engineering. We expect about 20 Ph. D. defenses and about 55 M. Sc. diploma’s for an international group of students. We also want to materialize our activities together with Tsing Hua and Fudan Universities. To intensify our links with Philips we are discussing with them part-time professor positions. Last but not least in October we shall have the 5-yearly assessment of our research and that of the other Dutch Universities of Technologies,  conducted by a group of international experts.

精彩评论3

天边  海贼王  2004-12-23 20:31:28 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 荷兰

回复: 无聊, 贴个我们系的广告....

看不懂英文,要求楼主翻译一下吧。 :47:
yuguo  高级海盗  2004-12-24 17:06:52 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 荷兰

Post by 天边
看不懂英文,要求楼主翻译一下吧。 :47:

无聊的平安夜啊....
oklinyu  见习海盗  2004-12-24 19:25:39 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 荷兰

顶一下,事实如此
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表

关于此网站上的Cookie

我们使用 Cookie 来个性化和改善您在我们网站上的使用体验,了解您如何使用本网站和为您提供量身定制的广告或咨询。 如果您继续使用我们的网站,即代表您同意我们使用 Cookie政策。 请访问我们Cookie条款隐私条款,了解最新内容。

接受