荷乐网下载手机App | 客服热线:0031(0)104133904
我帮两个好朋友找到了工作.我看不少人有找工作的烦恼,我现在愿意和更多人分享我的经验和提供帮助,如改简历, 面试模拟, 如何找工作等. 为避免有人随便打扰或不珍惜免费的机会, 我会酌情收取少许费用.
我现在是飞利浦的一名高级经理,家住Eindhoven. 以前分别在两家著名的美国公司中国分公司工作。我的email: simleis1@yahoo.com

精彩评论8

smile9  见习海盗  2010-6-2 21:05:43 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 荷兰
Quite a number of people approached me with their CV and cover letters. I'd like to summarize a few common problems for knowledge-sharing.

1. Do not like your study area or do not really know what you want to do
The first step of job searching is to understand yourself and look for the jobs that will bring you joy.

2. Boring CV
CV Should NOT be a log of your history, but a highlight of you as a student, an employee and very importantly as a person!

3. Many copied phrases
Too many people use "team player and also can work independently; very good communication skills"

4. Do not say your English level is advanced/fluent and how well you can communicate when you have several typos and grammar mistakes in CV/cover letter.

5. Even if you are desperate, do not show it in cover letter. e.g. some people wrote "please do not turn me down just because I just graduated...I will do all I can do and try never to let you down." The employers are interested in your quality, not how desperate you are.
pinkpig.Q  ↗贵宾↗  2010-6-2 21:38:26 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 中国北京

回复 2# smile9 的帖子

啊~~~我都毕业大半年了还没找到工作。。。。
YANGYANGAILIFE  ↗贵宾↗  2010-6-3 07:54:20 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 荷兰
lz 同学经验丰富,佩服佩服。
找工作好比谈恋爱。靠运气也靠缘分。
cosa  四海霸王  2010-6-3 07:59:56 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 荷兰
分析得很有道理,帮顶~~~~~

希望lz再多分享点给大家~~~~:)
ink1  高级海盗  2010-6-3 08:55:07 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 荷兰
Good points.

It's all about the whole picture, who are you as a person. HR managers get information about you from different sources(C.V., cover letter, how you talk, how you dress, what you said, what you have in your C.V., these days they even look at your facebook, linkedin pages) etc, and try to put them togeher, to form a whole picture about you.

You as candidate can also get information from different sources, company profile, job description, inquery by phone, how the interviewer talks, what he/she says etc. The employer always look for someone who matches their ideal candidate profile, try to do the match by yourself. If you don't match at certain points, try to think how you might compensate it with others points where you are better at. Be confident about yourself, without going overconfident, show you know your limits while let them know you can improve yourself beyond your current limits. Never lie, not in C.V., not during the inverview, you hurt yourself much more than you gain.
It's OK to exaggerate a bit, but don't go too far.

While I support LZ's initiative to help newcomers, people need to realize that the job market has never been so bad as now. Do your best but be realistic, nobody can gurantee you a job, no matter how wel you prepare, no matter who helps you to prepare. In the end, it's yourself as a person, your own quality that decides if you get a job and how good you will be at it.  And it's also a matter of luck and timing, if you graduate at the right time, finding job is 10 times easier than in difficult times.
已有2人评分 小红花 理由
cosa + 1
didicrispy + 1

查看全部评分 总评分: 小红花 +2 

shamrock_j  中级海盗  2010-6-3 09:19:28 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 荷兰
原帖由 YANGYANGAILIFE 于 2010-6-3 08:54 发表
lz 同学经验丰富,佩服佩服。
找工作好比谈恋爱。靠运气也靠缘分。

呵呵 太同意楼上的观点了!找个好的employer如同找个好的husband一样。一切靠缘分。(除非你的简历absolutely shining)
smile9  见习海盗  2010-6-3 16:29:11 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 荷兰
(continued)
6. Many people are asking me where to find vacancies -- company websites, HR agencies, job search websites or recruitment exhibitions etc.
Actually, it does not matter. People find jobs via all above-mentioned channels. What matters is good CV/cover letter + good interview skills. Integrity is No. 1 important quality. A good CV does not mean you put something unreal. A good interview does not mean you brag.

7. Think about why you have to stay in the NL? Think about your parents and your country. If you do not find opportunities here, why not seek opportunities back home? Of course, you still need to know how to market yourself; In China, at least you'll have more opportunities and your overseas experience and language skills will become your competitive advantage.

8. For those who fall in love in the NL, if you have to stay here and cannot find a job that you like, think out of the box of job searching. There are many things you can do and you will find happiness. e.g. A colleague of mine resigned recently. He started his own company. He enjoys managing his own business. His small company does not bring him more money but more happiness. Money and happiness, which is more important for you?

If your happiness is to make money, then think about investment opportunities. When most people were deeply worried about economic crisis, some people including me saw the bright side of it and enterred stock markets last year. It was a very good timing. AEX was 190+ and now is 300+; Dow Jones was 6000+ and now is 10000+ . If you missed the best timing of last year, you can still enter the stock market now, as the index is still relatively low.

If your hobby is to be a volunteer, it is also perfectly fine. The stories of 卢安克 will encourage you. Check it out on the internet.
已有1人评分 小红花 理由
didicrispy + 1

查看全部评分 总评分: 小红花 +1 

kiwinara  见习海盗  2010-6-3 18:18:33 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 荷兰
LZ 好奇同问你是哪个组的SENIOR MANAGER??
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表

关于此网站上的Cookie

我们使用 Cookie 来个性化和改善您在我们网站上的使用体验,了解您如何使用本网站和为您提供量身定制的广告或咨询。 如果您继续使用我们的网站,即代表您同意我们使用 Cookie政策。 请访问我们Cookie条款隐私条款,了解最新内容。

接受